Wednesday, April 11, 2012

J is for JUST FOR TODAY

J is for JUST FOR TODAY

In yesterday's post, I addressed the importance of taking pause in the morning to honor our intentions, in order to provide an opportunity for them to become reality.  Oftentimes, it's easier to do so if we view them through the lens of "just for today".  There is a reason that many organizations who specialize in working with treating addictions utilize this phrase.  It is empowering in its manageability!

Just for today, I am going to take a break from technology when my children are present- to eliminate "distracted parenting" for the day.  This is the tenth day of the A-Z April Challenge, and it has been an outstanding experience so far!  It has, however been a true challenge.  I am a person who has never known the word "succinct" to be applied to my writing, so my posts take me quite awhile.  I'm also not one who can write well in the midst of a lot of activity, so with this challenge, there's been a lot of "SHHH!! Mommy's trying to write!"

Today, I am going to endeavor to remove technology from my interactions with my family. Ben H. Winters does a fantastic job addressing the topic of distracted parenting in an article published in the Huffington Post, called "The New Distracted Parenting".  I think I'll let Ben's article deliver my message for today.  If you take the time to read it, you might have the same "aha" moment that I experienced...then you wouldn't be able to read the rest of my post anyway- you'd be closing the lid of your laptop, grabbing your kiddos, and enjoying them in fully present, technology-less bliss.  Go ahead- you know you want to!

See you tomorrow for "K"!


No comments:

Post a Comment